Thursday

The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

TITLE: The Return
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
RATING: 5 Stars
PAGES: 347
PUBLISHER: Spencer Hill Press
SERIES: Titan
SOURCE: Purchased via Amazon
The Fates are cackling their bony asses off…

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.

(synopsis taken from Goodreads)


In anticipation for The Struggle, the third installment to the Titan Series, I have decided to finally sit down and review the first two novels in the series! If you have not read The Covenant series by Jennifer then I highly recommend going and reading those books (they are amazing!) before continuing onto the Titan novels and reading this review.

I loved the Covenant books by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I will honestly admit to always really liking Seth. I always thought that he just had so much potential and I felt like there was so much more to him then we were really exposed to. So when The Return came out I was fan-girling like crazy!

In the Return we're immediately made aware that not all is as well as we could've hoped in the Covenant world. With the Breed Order gone there is an incredible amount of unease in the world that is bordering on violence. Add to that the fact that Seth is now basically enslaved to the Gods things aren't exactly cheerful. What got to me the most especially in the beginning is how broken and tormented Seth is. I knew with the conclusion of the Covenant series that all was not truly well in Seth's world but my heart literally ached for him. I have always been a firm believer that Seth is not a bad guy, even in his moments of extreme stupidity, he is not a bad guy by nature.

I was so relieved while reading The Return that I wasn't wrong! There is so much more to him and we're given an insight into Seth's dark past that made me better understand why he's done some of the things he's done. And then we have Josie. I fell insta-love with Josie! She is a character that is so easy to connect with because she is just so normal, or so we think.

Seth is tasked to guard Josie, who seems like just your ordinary everyday co-ed who had a lonely childhood growing up. The chemistry between these two is off the charts and reminded me so much of Alex and Aiden that it makes it so easy to see why these two are so drawn to each other! Plus with nicknames like Joe and Sethie, which by the way is absolutely adorable, I couldn't help but cheer them on!

It felt so good getting back into the Covenant world and seeing some familiar faces (Deacon, you still have my heart!). This book was impossible to put down and I read it in just two sittings I was so drawn into the world once more. I highly recommend picking up this book! I know some people hold reservations in regards to Seth but honestly he's one of my new favorite book boyfriends after reading this book and I could not be happier that Seth may have finally found someone who will put him above all others. I think we can all agree our boy deserves someone! As for Josie, she is the girl-next-door type, the one you never saw coming but fall in love with instantly with how real and fresh she is.

The Titan series is one of my new top faves and I cannot wait to see where these books will lead us! Thank you Jennifer for bringing us back to this incredible world!





No comments:

Post a Comment