Monday

The Struggle by Jennifer L. Armentrout

TITLE: The Struggle
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
RATING: 5 Mind Blowing Stars!
PAGES: 
PUBLISHER: Spencer Hill Press
SERIES: Titan (#3)
SOURCE: eArc kindly provided by Author in exchange for honest review
A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

(synopsis taken from Goodreads)


This book absolutely blew me away. I finished this book in twenty-four hours and I am still just trying to digest it because it was just that amazing. I can honestly say that every single book in JLA's Titan series has gotten better with every new addition which is really hard to do for any series!

"A Bloody path has been chosen," he went on, because of course. There apparently was no stopping this. "The Great War fought by the few is coming, and in the end, the sun will fall and the moon will reign until the new sun rises."

The Struggle picks up right where The Power left off thank goodness! I seriously wanted to throat-punch Seth at the end of The Power simply because I felt like he was reverting back to his old habits. Really, it was a struggle to force myself that Seth has good intentions and there is a reason for him up and leaving my girl Josie again. In this third installment to this series, which will be a quartet (4 books total) we are introduced to a new beautiful and breath-taking location. JLA is constantly amazing me with how beautiful and engaging her writing is but I now have an incredibly desperate need to visit this particular location.

We also come face to face with new dangers. Things are not as simple as they once seemed. I have always kept in the back of my mind what Josie's end goal is supposed to be: trap the Titans. Of course, nothing is as easy as it seems (what do you mean you can just shove them in a hole and put a rock over it?). Josie and Seth are both challenged in The Struggle to push themselves even further than they previously had. I think I fell even more inlove with Sethie in this book. I know, I thought it was impossible too! We have all seen Seth begin to grow and change, especially in The Power (Titan #2) but I feel like he also makes a giant leap in The Struggle in terms of maturing and coming to terms with what exactly it is that he is.

Fans of Alex and Aiden will also be thrilled to see lots of our favorite extremely happy couple in The Struggle. I seriously gained even more respect for them in this book. I mean, they already fought their battles and came out on top. Yet here they are, kicking ass again to help save the world!

Also as a bit of a side note I know other reviewers are stating this book ends on a cliffhanger and that can make some readers want to put it off until the next one releases. In my own opinion I actually think this book ends on an incredibly high note, with the possibility of dundundadunn music playing in the background.

I feel like I say this every time but this book is my new favorite in the series. Each book just gets better and better and I am so excited, yet incredibly sad, over the fact that 2018 will be the end of the Titan novels. *cue sad yet happy music* I highly recommend swiping up this book you will not be disappointed!







No comments:

Post a Comment